Monday 17 March 2014

Stephanie Jung

Jung is a photographer who is known for using a photo manipulating technique called over layer or multiple  exposure. Jung had a few ways to make her photos, one way how she made her photos is by using a normal camera to capture the images. The photo that she produce is purely with photos from a camera, she creates the photo by using multiple exposure via Photoshop.

There are different ways of using Photoshop to create a photo. This photo looks like a scratching texture I think it's really effective as a multi layered photo, I say this because the scratching texture makes the photo look like a faded memory style photo. It's not known how Jung had made this photo; I don't think I want to try to recreate this technique, the reason for this because without knowledge on how this photo is made I do not want to consume so much of my time trying to recreate this photo.


Another technique Jung had also used to make her photos is by taking photos of a location and then layering it over each other then turn down the opacity of the photos.
This photo shows that it was taken the moved across the screen to make a photo, I say this because you can this this is only one image by layered on top of each other with the opacity turned down. I really like this photo because of the way the photo shows a dream like illusion. I like how the photo shows that it has been moved across each other. I also like how balance the photo is, I say this because the way the photo is ascending in the photo. I also like the location of the photo, I like it because of the lights, the building and the people walking the street, it makes the photo look busy and shows a lot of life in the photo. I think the light in the photo naturally brings out the photo.


I like Jung's photo manipulation technique because of the illusions it can create with just over layering the photo over each other. I like how she doesn't always use a  digital camera in her work, I like how she use a camera for filming for photography use. Some of Jung's work shows her experimenting with shutter speed to capture only lines of light.
I'm a big fan of Jung's work; there's no work from Jung that I don't like. I think that Jung over use her technique sometime but I think she makes it up by experimenting with exposure and location where she takes photos at.

Jung's work has inspired me in the past and again she photos had inspired me some more. This time I am going to experimenting with over laying the photos by tilting the photos instead of moving the photos to the side a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment