Monday 7 April 2014

More work

I have decided to make more photos to practice my expanding horizon work, I wanted to add some martial art theme for my work, I want it to be part of my theme in the project. I want to keep with the multilayer photo so I had to approach the way I make my photos the same way I make my other over layer photos.
I had no one to take photos of for this photo so I had to make a self portrait, I had made my photo by setting the camera shutter speed on 1/2000 before I start the shoot I have to test the camera and the ISO of the camera. After the camera is set I can then perform my move. It took a few goes to get the photo buT I manage to time my moves right.
 

After the photo shoot I have to then upload my photos on the computer to sort out which photos are worth using. After sorting out the photos I then go on Photoshop with my best photo and start editing. I start my editing with using the quick selection tool and  only select me in the photo. After I select myself I then copy the selected area and paste it on a new layer. 

After pasting on a new layer I will have some unwanted parts in my photo, to get rid of the unwanted parts in my photo I have to use a rubber with a soft edge and go around the photo. after going around the photo I can the use the quick selection again and clear the unwanted area, after doing that I can then copy that image and paste again on a new layer.
I have to remember to change the opacity of the photo to match the motion. After I was done with the photo I looked back at the photo of it and thought the thing was plain, I wanted to add more life or feelings into the photos. So what I have done to the photo was choose a layer of me in it and in one of the layers I changed the hue and saturation of the photo and the other layer I had changed the colour of the photo, I had left the back ground the same colour, I had done this because I thought the photo would work out more if there are at least one normal colour layer.

This is my finished photo.
I think my finished photo turned out better then I though it would, I say this because the order of the photo is normal hue and colour, I had done it in this order because I want the photo to look 3D. I think I had achieved a 3D like effect but not fully 3D, I say this because when I look at the photo I see that the photo is descending into the background by being faded away from the photo.
What I like about this photo is I has made one of me a block colour and one of me as a faded colour, I think this really works as a whole photo because I look at the photo and see it as a pop art like form.
What I don't like about this photo is I cannot see any of references of Jung's photos. I may have used a multilayer effect but I can not relate to her photos.
I think this photos can relate to Harold Edgerton because of the motion and how it's being presented on the screen.
If I was to do this again I would reshoot this motion in a still position and perform a move thought the photo and over layer them on that way like the way Edgerton makes his photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment