Monday 10 March 2014

Clifton Li

Li is a Canadian photographer who captures photos of people doing martial arts using a blacked out studio and using water as a way of showing impact. Li had used a fast shutter to capture the moment of impact in his photos.
This photo is an example of Li photos; the photo shows one person performing a low kick at someone and the second person falling to the ground. I think this photo is not staged; I say this because of the way the water is showing the movement, the impact and the area of effect. I think the way Li uses water to show movement is a really good idea to capture photos of marshal arts, I say this because some people can stage marshal arts, making it look like they are performing the move but in reality they're not. 


Li photos has given me some ideas on how to present my martial arts photos, one of my idea is to use a subtitle then water, I say this because I don't think the water theme will work for me, I was thinking about replacing the water my dirt or anything that's hollow and will float around. My second idea is to use a slow shutter speed showing one person draw a sword so it shows the lines and the movement in the photos. I was going to use people who knows martial arts and have to properly performed.


What I like about Li's photos is the way he have people who knows how to fight and have them perform some moves on the camera. I think the way he times his photos is really good, I say this because he uses a fast shutter speed and it has a lot of details in the photo, I say this because the water when it's in the photo it's in a lot of details. I think this had been achieved by having a fast shutter speed and a high ISO.
 I don't think there is anything wrong with Li's photos, I say this because the way his photos turn out like it shows that he know what he's doing and when he's going to capture the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment