Monday 3 March 2014

Robert Darch

Darch is a photographer who takes photos of landscapes as part of documenting places and composing a photo. I say he's composing a photo because the way he takes his photos looks like he had put a lot of thoughts into some of his photos.
In this photo I see that Darch had composed this photo by using the composition technique called lines, I say his because the two distance poles match up, the building roof and the bin matches in the corners and the window matching up, most of the photo is paralel in a way. I also like how the photo is a bit unsaturated; I like how he desaturated the photo a bit because i think it really brings out the characteristic of the photo. I also like how this photo remins me of the sea side though there is nothing in the photo that is related to the beach in any way.
This is one of Darch's photo that I really like; the reason why I like this photo is is because it shows a really good example of a close up. I also like the colours in the photo, i say this because the colours in the photo is really limited and yet it stills brings out the photo. The photo shows two ladybirds under a leaf and the camera is focusing on the shell of the ladybird in te middle. I like how Darch is using a wide depth of field, I say this because in the photo it shows that the camera is focusing on a section of the photo not the whole photo.
What I don't like about this photo is it's off focus; I say it's off focus because I know the camera is using a wide depth of field but the focus area is not as focus as it should be. Personally i think that Darch had purposely made it unfocused because he wants people to focus on the colours of the photo not what's in the photo

I like the way Darch captures his photos and how he wants people to look at it is how he compose the photo. The idea i had got from looking at Darch's photos is I am going to try and compose a photo that looks reminds me of something else even though it dosen't look like it or have anything relavent to it just like the first photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment