Monday 31 March 2014

Harold Edgerton

Edgerton is a photographer who uses a technique called multi flash. Multi flash is a fast shutter speed technique. Edgerton kwon techniques for the way his photos shows a series of images captured by a fast shutter speed. This is an example of one of his work, the photo shows a man swinging a gold cub and the photo shows the swinging motion.
I like this photo because I like how the golf cub creates a pattern as it's crossing over each other. I think I would use this technique for my work because I think it shows movement and life in a still photo, I also want to see if i can make a pattern out of my over layered photos.
How Edgerton made his multi exposed photo is by capturing the photos, over layering them on top of each other and erasing the empty section out only showing the person or the object. I will use the same technique as Edgerton but I will make my photo on Photoshop. I will also use a coloured image, this is because it's in my style of photography. I will be taking my photos on location instead of studio.

I like Edgerton's technique because it shows a more clearer image of over layer, I think that the way Edgerton uses the fast shutter speed. The way he captures his photos is showing the motion of how people move.
What I don't like about Edgerton is he only uses a fast shutter speed, I wanted to know what's it's like if he captured the things on his photo with a slow shutter speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment