Monday 3 March 2014

Steve McCurry


Steve McCurry is a documentary and photographer; this is one of McCurry's famous photo. This photo shows a woman with tattered clothes starring at the camera. This photo is famous for the expression of the woman's face and her eyes. The woman's eyes matches the background; the eyes also look like it's going to follow you around the room. The photo had been taken with a narrow depth of field, I say this because the background is not in focus, the photo only focus on the person, I think that is why the photo is really effective with the starring eyes.
I don't really like this photo because it creeps me out a bit, but it dosen't stop me from getting ideas from it. The idea I get from this photo is how to take a portrait photo that works  I say this because this a really effective because of the feeling.
McCurry dosen't always take portrait photos though it's one of his most known work, he also take photos of landscape as well. I like this landscape photo by McCurry because it shows a pattern and colour of buildings that makes us look at it. This isn't a typical landscape photo because not a lot of landscape that is set out like this.
This photo had gave me ideas to look for locations of landscape that looks different.
This is my favorite photo from McCurry; I say this because of the way the people are posing in the photo, the way the people are posing in the photo is like they are doing a marshal art and meditating. This photo had gave me lots of ideas for a photo shoot that include people or a certain type of marshal arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment